Founded in the early 2000s, the triumphal march of the once small bookmaker, who had started as a local bookmaker, began with the general accessibility of the Internet on the one hand and the constant improvement of the associated technology on the other. Today the small bookmaker on the corner has become one of the largest betting providers on the world market for online betting . We show you what ratings and experiences we have made with 188bet.
the essentials moment in brief
- 188bet is a reputable provider with a huge selection of football bets: almost all professional leagues worldwide and exciting extra bets are in the portfolio.
- The odds are among the best in the world, with top games a quota key of up to 98% is achieved.
- The support is convincing : it can be reached around the clock via live chat, email or telephone, seven days a week.
- Unfortunately, 188bet is not one of the providers that take over the betting tax for you. 5% will be deducted from your winnings.
The betting offer is huge. In our experience report, we focused on the topic of football – even if the number of sports offered is of course significantly larger and ranges from basketball to motorsport to e-sports. But especially in the soccer field, the betting offer is very large – almost certainly bigger than with almost any competitor.
Even if the biggest players in the industry, such as Bwin, can keep up here, the opportunities that are offered to you here alone in the field of football betting are definitely worth more than a look.
Here you can tap on any professional league worldwide – and not only on the classic league games, but also on cup and cup competitions. Of course, this includes the large and important European competitions such as the Champions League or the Europa League. The interesting thing is that the betting offer is not limited to the top leagues. Almost every league in which professional football is played is represented. In some countries even the amateur classes .
There is also a very wide range of extra bets. For example, for championship in a league, for the winner of a certain cup or for a club. How many goals will be scored in a season? Where will the club end up? All of these are things you can bet on.
What would a sports betting provider of this size be without a large live betting area? In fact, 188bet also comes with a wide range. The bookie is particularly well positioned in football. There are actually games around the clock somewhere in the world that are tracked by 188bet and that you can bet on.
All games are listed in table form, sorted by country, league and cup . The interesting thing about 188bet – the bookmaker has the rights to broadcast the games live or at least excerpts from numerous leagues. If you are interested in a league from which 188bet has acquired the appropriate rights, you can follow the game live and in color.
Betting options that are always at the start here are, for example:
- Who will score the next goal?
- How many goals in total in the game?
- And of course home win, away win, draw
The respective odds naturally change in the course of a game. Here it is important to stay on the ball in order not to miss the best time for your own live tip.
If you are looking for a good sports betting provider, of course look at the odds. 188bet is one of the bookmakers with the best odds . He is always at the forefront of all odds comparisons. For top games such as the World Cup, the Champions League or the European Championships, odds of more than 98% have already been reached – this is absolutely at the top of the comparison landscape. The average odds are not much lower in other games either.
Seriousness and security
188bet has a long history and started as an offline sports betting provider in the small industrial city of Stoke-on-Trent. It is also a huge company that has grown into one of the best sports betting providers in the world over the course of almost two decades.
In addition, licensing by the MGA – the Maltese regulatory authority – alone is enough to confirm the seriousness. Because in recent years, the MGA has set standards worldwide in terms of the requirements for reputable online gaming operators. If you get a license here, you deserve it. 188bet also points out measures to prevent addiction and even has its own help portal .
From a purely visual point of view, the bookmaker 188bet’s appearance at first glance appears to be quite monochrome. Dark shades of green and gray boxes and fields are what you mostly see here in the football area. The color of course matches the green grass of the field, but is anything but a feast for the eyes.
You can use the game wonderfully easily . The menu navigation is self-explanatory and the placing of bets is also comparatively easy. What can compensate for the somewhat dreary presentation is the extensive livestream offer that 188bet has to offer (depending on the place of residence or country). Here you can see, for example, games from the first Japanese league or games from the French League.
Like most other online sports betting providers, 188bet also has a bonus offer for new customers. However, this can only convince to a limited extent – simply because it is comparatively complicated to assemble .
For new customers only. Up to € 100 in betting credits. Register , deposit € 5 or more into your 188bet account and we will give you the corresponding qualifying deposit in betting credits (up to € 100 *) if you place qualifying bets of the same value and they are settled. Minimum odds, exceptions to betting and payment methods apply. Winnings exclude the use of betting credits. The general terms and conditions, time limits and exceptions apply.
General terms and conditions:
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of € 5 * or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 100% of the corresponding amount of betting credits up to a maximum of € 100. Once claimed, your betting credits are in your account balance and are not payable.
- To release your betting credits, you must place qualifying bets worth your qualifying deposit (limited to € 100 *) and these must be settled within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets that are settled after claiming the offer will be considered for this condition.
- The payment methods NETeller, Skrill, Skrill 1-Tap or “” by Skrill ””, where available, cannot be used for your qualifying deposit or any subsequent payout of winnings from betting credits, unless you have passed the identity check ( KYC) and fulfilled one of the following requirements: We have successfully verified an accepted form of your identification document and you have entered a post verification code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two of your accepted identification document. You can find the details in the full terms and conditions.
Deposit and withdrawal
When it comes to payment transactions, 188bet is not nearly as broad as some of its competitors. However, this is not necessary. The payment options offered are completely sufficient for the market. The main payment options are:
- VISA card
- Apple Pay
- Pay Pal
No fees are due for the deposits – however, you have to make sure that not each of these deposit types is considered a “qualified” deposit to receive the new customer bonus. In addition, different minimum deposit amounts are defined for the different deposit types.
By the way: Except for Klarna and Apple Pay, you can also use any of these payment methods for the payment. Incidentally, this is also done without a fee – however, like the deposit with different minimum and maximum amounts, depending on the payment method.
188bet offers users for iOS and Android a clear app for download. You can find iPhone users directly in the App Store, Android users unfortunately have to take the detour via an APK file. You can scroll down in the mobile browser version far down to the note “View all 188bet apps” and select the corresponding Android version there. You must change the security settings before downloading and allow third-party downloads.
The app itself is easy to use and gives you access to all functions that are also available in the desktop version. If you don’t want to download an app, you can alternatively use the web app in the browser. In structure and functionality it is in no way inferior to the app.
Service and support
Live chat is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. But in addition to live chat, there is a telephone hotline for customers who would like it to be more personal, which you can also find on the website in the Contacts area. The support team is of course also available around the clock by email.
188bet not only thrills with its extensive football betting offer , but also has a lot more to offer in the field of online gambling . Starting with the numerous other sports on which bets can be made, right up to the casino, live casino or poker . With an account you can also use all other offers.
Conclusion, advantages and disadvantages
The betting provider, which is still based in the small British town of Stoke-on-Trend, started out as a small bookmaker on the corner. It was only with the spread of the Internet and the increasingly popular online betting service that the company’s groundbreaking success story began.
Today 188bet has a turnover of more than £ 2.7 billion. 35 million customers play more or less regularly worldwide in one of the numerous online offers of the gambling provider. Around 4,300 employees are responsible for maintaining the business, continuously improving the offer and providing the players with advice and action.
- Wide range of deposit options without fees
- Gaming license from Malta available
- Very experienced betting provider
- Very wide range of football bets
- Support is available via live chat as well as over the phone
- Complicated bonus terms
- Betting tax is deducted from the profit